Virginia Beach, VA (January 12, 2021) – Chartway Federal Credit Union’s We Promise Foundation is proud to announce that the We Promise Foundation board of trustees has awarded $600,000 in grant funding to deliver joy, hope, and smiles to children facing medical hardship or illness.
As Chartway’s charity, the We Promise Foundation provides financial support to companion charities to make dreams and wishes come to life. This year’s grants will benefit the following charities:
- Roc Solid Foundation – Chesapeake, Virginia
- Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters – Norfolk, Virginia
- Samantha Makes Life Easier (SMILE) – Norfolk, Virginia
- Mary’s Home – Norfolk, Virginia
- Community Outreach Coalition – Portsmouth, Virginia
- Toby’s Dream Foundation – Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Hooked on Hope VB – Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Make-A-Wish® Utah – Murray, Utah
- Ability Found – West Valley, Utah
“2020 was certainly a year like no other,” said Brian Schools, president & CEO of Chartway. “Every day brought new challenges, which is why we’re more grateful than ever for the support of our sponsors, partners, members, volunteers, and team members who helped us navigate the unprecedented global health pandemic to raise more than $600,000.”
“We’re proud to partner with so many charitable organizations who seek to do good and change the world for children facing medical hardship,” said Karen Lane, executive director of Chartway’s We Promise Foundation. “We know how much these wishes mean to our kid heroes and their families.”
Since 1999, Chartway’s We Promise Foundation has raised more than $12 million.